Study VISA (Residence permit) forming up to 12 months
RiS School provides assistance in study visa (residence permit for the period up to 12 months) forming for our students in following programs:
1. "HAIRDRESSER" - 12 months
2. "HOLISTIC MASSAGE AND SPA TREATMENTS" - 6 months
Forming of the residence permit from Latvia
If You are a foreigner in Latvia and would like to prolongate the residence permit:
The School provides all necessary documents for the LR Migration Department.
You should submit all the documents to the Migration department by yourself.
In this case The Scool does not apply any fees for documents forming.
Forming of the residence permit from your home coutry
1. The school assists the foreigners (also India, Sri Lanka and other countries) in getting residence permit (study visa) for the period of study at an accredited program.
2. The school starts assisting in visa forming only 2-2,5 months prior the study beginning after concluding the tuition legal agreement.
3. To form the study visa (for residence permit) :
3.1) apply for a programme via homepage
3.2) You receive the School's applcation form and invoice for tuition deposit and visa forming fee
3.3) You fill in the School's Application form,
make the prepyment (deposit) at least half of the programme feeand
provide your passport copy
provide the bank statement for necessary financial substitution
3.4) You receive the School interview date
3.5) You receive the invitation number from the Latvian Embassy
3.6) You receive the signed legal agreement
3.7) You arranges the interview date with Latvian Embassy / VFS
Document Forming Fee: 150 EUR
4. Be aware that both The School and The Student participate in the formation of the residence permit.
CONDITIONS AND STEPS FOR FORMING OF RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR THE PERIOD OF THE STUDY:
Before you start document forming, you need to find out where the Latvian Embassy (or other Institution, performing the Functions of Embassy) is located in your country (For example, for India - VFS Global). Please advise if you have a physical opportunity to go to the embassy in order to submit the documents.
Steps for forming of Residence permit in Latvia.
1. Inform The School - do you have any address for living and declaration in Latvia (Riga) or you take the address from The School's partner.
2. The School submits the Invitation to the Migration Department in Latvia.
3. You get The confirmation of the invitation number from the Embassy of Latvia.
AFTER YOU RECEIVE APPROVAL FOR THE INVIATION NUMBER YOUR FURTHER STEPS ARE:
4. You submit following documents FOR RECEIVING A STUDENT VISA “NATIONAL D TYPE VISA” (THIS IS FOR LONG TERM RESIDENCE):
4.1) You have to submit the FILLED IN QUESTIONNAIRE in 2-3 working days into the Latvian Embassy (or other Institution that provides this function) in Your coutry.
4.2) a photography;
4.3) a document confirming the necessary subsistence (430 Eur per month). This must be an official statement from the bank. Not a personal printout from the internetbanking;
4.4) a document confirming the state duty payment (you can pay on the place in the embassy);
4.5) an agreement on learning in the Republic of Latvia (The School already has provided to you) – signed by two parties;
4.6) a statement on punishability issued by a competent institution of the citizenship or the host country (for a foreigner more than 14 years old), if a foreigner has resided in that country longer than 12 months. (Each person receives the statement in his/her home country , that they have not been punished or have not been in a jail, ets).
5. When you receive positive decision from the Embassy, You go to The Embassy AGAIN to form the Student Visa “NATIONAL D TYPE VISA”
6. You form the residence permit document (the card) when you already come to Latvia. In Riga You will have to turn to the Migration department for Residence permit forming.
7. For a student: when you receive a a residence permit you will have to provide:
7.1. health insurance policy
7.2. fluorogram that you do not have active tuberkulosis
8. Refusal to issue a residence permit:
If you receive a refusal from the Embassy to issue a residence permit, you must send this document electronically to the School to reimburse the tuition fee paid. We confirm that if the Embassy makes a negative decision on the issue of a residence permit (study visa), the School undertakes to fully reimburse the tuition fee paid.
Please see the detailed information at the web site: